Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Thought

Tonight I was "reaffirmed" (as I am many times) as to why I love the church so much. The church has so many problems, yet it still remains the hope of the world. One of my favorite quotes about the church or really one of my favorite 'challenges' to the church is by Rob Bell.


"Can you imagine what would happen if a group of people with untold resources, passion and energy started asking the question, 'How do we hear the cry of the oppressed?' What if they were actually willing to wade into the cultural, economic, racial, global and personal issues involved without fear, with the confidence that no matter how painful, messy and volatile it got, Jesus would guide them the whole way?

You'd have some church on your hands."

- Rob Bell

2 comments:

Mel said...

Great Rob Bell comment! (I have a funny story about Rob and my husband.) I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Hope you don't mind I'm adding you to my blog roll. I enjoyed catching up and reading your posts...great thoughts.

Brian Beard said...

thanks for reading... I would love to here the story...

BBEARD