Sunday, January 27, 2008

30 Days to Live, Bucket List, and John Mayer




There are major events in people's lives that spark change. I feel I have recently entered into one of those times in my life.

30 days to live (a message series from my church) has helped me to begin a life change that I desperately need to make. My Pastor has reminded me how brief my time on earth is. The key verse for the series... and verse worthy of memory... was Psalm 39:4-5 (NLT) -

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. My life is no longer than the width of my hand. An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath."

I NEED daily reminders of this verse. I NEED reminders of the reality of this verse. I don't want to waste my life. I want my life to count for something. I want to be able to live in the moment. I long to leave a legacy for Christ. I desire to fight for peace in my relationships. I need to say what I need to say. And I understand that to do that I must keep an eternal perspective.

I started this blog as a result of the need I have to constantly remind myself that my life is a vapor (James 4:14). We are only here for a little while, then we vanish. My prayer is that in viewing my life in this way, I may learn to treasure Christ in ways I am not prepared for, nor ever expected.


By the way... Go see the movie Bucket List. The only conflict I have with the movie is that now every movie I see Morgan Freeman in I think he is playing the role of God... thanks Evan Almighty.

No comments: