Thursday, July 24, 2008

My name is Brian and I'm addicted to...

My name is Brian and I'm addicted to Fantasy Baseball. I admit, since our player draft in the spring, I have been addicted to Fantasy Baseball. It is nothing new for me... in fact it has happened every year for the past 4 years. A day does not go by that I don't have to 'check-up' on how my players are doing, compare my team to other people's team, and/or monitor players on my "watch" list. For instance, over the past several years I have starred at the computer and watched almost entire baseball games as the computer updates what is going on in the game... I am not even watching the actual game, it is just writing and numbers on the computer screen that tell me what is going on in the game.

You may say... WOW! You have problems. The only real problem is that I know that I am not alone in my addiction. Because every time I see someone in my league, we begin to talk Fantasy Baseball... and I am often not the one who initiates the conversation.

Am I writing this to state that I am giving up Fantasy Sports?
No way! I am just entering my first AA meeting, except that instead of AA, it is FA. They say that the first stage is recognizing the problem... Well check off stage 1 for me. But for now that is all I am going to check.



May I become addicted to following after Jesus as I am to Fantasy Baseball. May everyday I become addicted to transforming my heart and mind to become like Him. Thank you that something as simple as Fantasy Baseball helps me to recognize areas of much needed growth in my life.

1 comment:

WB said...

It's good to see you posting again B...maybe I should work a little better with my team ;)